Friday, March 30, 2007

There was Poop on the Rug

I am having a crazy love hate relationship with my diaper free life style. Grady isn't sure if he hates the toilet all together or not. Every morning he is fine with using the "toilet", but to be honest he is peeing into the shower and it runs down my leg as he sits on my lap. So it's a yea and a nay. It certainly feels better for him, he relaxes afterwards. It's all those other pees and poos throughout the day that I seem to miss so often. The logic behind pursing this Elimination Communication is very solid.(Check out the book below)

What I find most challenging is getting over what other people will think of me scrubbing poop out of my rug. I've been up to my elbows in poop many times, I could really care less. Heck - I know it all came from me in the beginning anyway
Some days are good, some are bad. I think the reward is knowing that Grady really is starting to get it - he is just very determined to either be in constant motion or sound asleep, which makes it pretty hard to get him to sit on the pot even when I "know" he needs to.

No comments: